EDHEC Student Finance Club’s objectives are:
- to regularly publish reports and detailed case studies across all major finance areas with opinions and analysis from our members
- to bring students together in working groups focusing on various topics such as stock pitching, trading competitions, trainings (e.g. Bloomberg, modeling etc.), supporting the organization of events etc.
- to establish an investment strategy and build a virtual portfolio
- to organize company events and conferences
- to build and strengthen partnerships and collaboration with the business world
- to increase networking opportunities with students and businesses alike
We want to focus on all 3 major aspects of the development of a student:
- increasing the academic excellence through training and participating in various working groups
- improving the business knowledge through the analysis of current business issues and by hosting events with speakers who are experts in their respective field
- and finally, supporting personal growth by improving soft skills in a team work based, responsibility driven and project-alike working structure.
From our members we require:
Commitment, enthusiasm, professionalism, and the ability to show initiative and a willingness to take on responsibility. Above all we strongly value cooperation, team work, constructive feedback and the sharing of experience and knowledge. By working in groups, we are establishing an open-minded and constructive environment where our members can grow in all the three major aspects mentioned above. Ultimately, we seek to support each other on our career journeys, express our ideas and with the help of EDHEC’s Career Center become future well-rounded business professionals.